With this purchase you will get:
Description for Liriodendron, Tulip Tree, Tulip Poplar
Look upward in April to June in parts of the east and southeast parts of the United States. During these months in the spring, the tulip poplar tree will be in full bloom with yellowish green to orange cupped fragrant flowers, 2 to 3 inches in diameter covering the plant.
Planting and care
Liriodendron tulipiferaâ€”known as the tulip tree, American tulip tree, tuliptree, tulip poplar, whitewood, fiddle-tree, and yellow poplarâ€”is the Western Hemisphere representative of the two-species genus Liriodendron, and the tallest eastern hardwood. … The tulip tree is the state tree of Indiana, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
Caring for Liriodendron
- Caring for a tulip tree is relatively easy.
- Fertilize in early spring and watch for pests and disease.
- Stake young trees early on and train to one straight leader.
- Due to the rapid growth of this tree, pruning is essential.
- It poses a competitive challenge to other trees in the nearby area and the brittle branches pose a possible hazard to passersby..
Typical uses of Liriodendron
Special features: Very large shade or lawn tree for large landscapes. Generally not recommended as a street tree.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose
Medicinal use: tonic and heart
- http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=a878 http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/tulip-tree/growing-tulip-trees.htm